Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Christoph Rüger <c....@synesty.com> on 2020/09/22 22:05:47 UTC

Named Slots in Freemarker like in VueJS?

Hi Daniel,

I was just stumbling over what VueJS calls "Named slots" (
https://v3.vuejs.org/guide/component-slots.html#named-slots) and I was
wondering if something similar would be possible with Freemarker.

I also found a discussion from 10 years ago which sounds like it.
http://freemarker.624813.n4.nabble.com/Re-Something-like-DJango-blocks-or-TAL-slots-in-FreeMarker-tp1468460p1576394.html

Was there progress or is something like that possible now and I just didn't
find it?

Thanks
Christoph

--
Synesty GmbH
Moritz-von-Rohr-Str. 1a

Geschäftsführer: Christoph Rüger

Unternehmenssitz: Jena
Handelsregister B beim Amtsgericht: Jena

Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 508766
Ust-IdNr.: DE287564982

Re: Named Slots in Freemarker like in VueJS?

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.
While I do have a good idea of how to serve this need in a way that fits
FreeMarker, I have never done it. Heck, I'm still not done with the
java.time support either. And FM generator documentation conversion is
still half done. (Not to mention FM 3.0... it starts missing some
significant more recent FM2 features, like lambdas, because it still
doesn't have reworked variables, which is needed for better lambdas... and
that's a huge problem, if it's not keeping up with FM2. Named slots would
be in the same camp if it's added to FM2.) This project gets way, waaay
too little development time, that's the problem.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany