Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Travis Vitek <Tr...@roguewave.com> on 2008/06/06 00:18:03 UTC

Issues with the build result pages

There appears to be some kind of error with the x-platform build result
pages for 4.3.x and trunk. On 4.2.x the page has only the latest build
results as I'd expect. The 4.3.x and trunk pages look like the new
results are being placed at the bottom. If you look at the actual html,
you'll see that the page actually contains multiple <html></html>
blocks, so I'm guessing that something that is supposed to delete or
overwrite the file is just appending.

  http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.x/
  http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.3.x/
  http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/trunk/

Another issue is the windows build results on 4.2.x. Many of the columns
appear to contain data from the execution times instead of a string
representing the exit code of the process or the failed assertions.

  http://tinyurl.com/5wd3kr [4.2.x]
  http://tinyurl.com/59kpfq [4.3.x]
  http://tinyurl.com/63nbm3 [trunk]

Travis

RE: Issues with the build result pages

Posted by Travis Vitek <Tr...@roguewave.com>.

Oh, I should have realized that this was the fix. I think that we are
still on for merging from 4.2.x to 4.3.x on a weekly basis, so this
change will be propigated soon.

>> Another issue is the windows build results on 4.2.x. Many of the
>> the columns
>> appear to contain data from the execution times instead of a string
>> representing the exit code of the process or the failed assertions.
>>
>>   http://tinyurl.com/5wd3kr [4.2.x]
>>   http://tinyurl.com/59kpfq [4.3.x]
>>   http://tinyurl.com/63nbm3 [trunk]
>
>I saw it this morning but haven't had time to investigate what's
>causing it. I'm traveling the next two weeks and I'm not sure I'll
>get around to it until I get back. It's most likely a problem in
>the xcomp.awk script if you want to look into it. The way to test
>it is to download a few logs and running xbuildgen on them like
>so:
>
>(mkdir -p builds/logs && cd builds/logs && wget
>http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.x/logs/win_xp-1-em64t-msvc-
>9.0-12d-win32-663410-log.gz.txt
>http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.x/logs/win_xp-1-em64t-msvc-
>9.0-12D-win32-663410-log.gz.txt
>&& PATH=~/stdcxx-4.2.x/bin:$PATH ~/stdcxx-4.2.x/bin/xbuildgen -s
>-o../test.html *-log.gz.txt)
>
>This assumes you have a local copy of 4.2.x in stdcxx-4.2.x.

Awesome. I'll take a few minutes to look at this problem tomorrow.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.