Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/05/30 08:51:56 UTC

commons-dbcp : no-JDBC3 version on ibiblio ?

Hello,

I'm using commons-dbcp in my project, that runs on a JDK 1.3. It
requires the commons-dbcp project to be compiled with some options to
"exclude" JDBC3 code.

The commons-dbcp jar in maven ibiblio repository is the "official" full
JDBC3 aware version.
What is the "best-practice" way to handle such a case ?
- ask commons-dbcp to upload a second jar in apache repository (then,
what name to use ?)
- put the expected jar in my private repository (I'd prefer all OS
libraries to be on ibiblio)
- any other ?

Thanks for any suggestion

Nico.

Re: commons-dbcp : no-JDBC3 version on ibiblio ?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/30/05, Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> wrote:
> - ask commons-dbcp to upload a second jar in apache repository (then,
> what name to use ?)

This one.

(commons-dbcp-nojdbc3-1.2.jar or something, I guess, with a copy of
the pom that excludes those dependencies)

- Brett