Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com> on 2008/09/08 20:32:18 UTC

Apache Incubator board report for September 2008

Hey Shindig-dev,

We need to submit the board report by the 10th of September.

The high-level points to me are:

   - On-track for upcoming incubating release on Sept 30, compliant with
   OpenSocial 0.8.1
   - X new committers

What would people like to note? We last submitted in May (and that is
below).

-Dan

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2008

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Thanks folks, here is my aggregated summary:
Shindig is a reference implementation of the OpenSocial and gadgets stack.

Incubating since: 2007-12-06

High-level status summary: Shindig preparing for an incubation release of
the v0.8 OpenSocial spec

   - On track for an incubation release of Shindig on September 30,
   compliant to OpenSocial v0.8.1
   - Active community, code base is maturing well, and is in use by many
   very large sites
   - Apache-provided Zone is up and running
   - 2 new committers, actively seeking more
   - Top 2 things to resolve prior to graduation:
      - Improve diversity of committers (progress, but on-going)
      - Run through at least one release (0.8 release will be a good one)

I am submitting this on the wiki page, but let me know if any edits are
appropriate.

Thanks,
-Dan

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.