Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fl...@austin.rr.com> on 2004/06/14 06:36:08 UTC

New User Startup Problem

Torque is a great idea, but I spent several VERY frustrating hours trying to get the Tutorial and User Guide samples to work before discovering the Wiki on "GettingTorqueToWork"!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hove some consideration for your potential users and put a note in these documents directing people to the changes.

The suggestions in the above helped me get further,  The initial ant step seems to generate the bookstore files, but when I try to run

  ant -f build-torque.xml create-db

I get an error message because the create-db.sql file contains only the line:

 ECHO Not implemented

Can someone give me a clue as to how to debug this problem?  As I've tried to work my way thru the problems getting Torque working, I've found a real lack of any feedback from the implementation.

I am using MS SQL server and I set the build.properties to:

torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=master
torque.database.buildUrl = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=Torque
torque.database.driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.database.user = torque
torque.database.password = torque
torque.database.host = localhost

Thanks for any help,

  -- Frank

Re: New User Startup Problem

Posted by Priya Soparkar <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi !

Try adding the parameters for

torque.project = //Name of your project

torque.targetPackage =//Target package for generation of object model files

torque.database = //your SQL server database name.

I found one useful link :

http://users.volja.net/amanita1/#GetTorque

 check if it helps.

Thanks,