Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ke Deng <la...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/27 09:51:30 UTC

RendorBlock example problem

Hi,all:
  i'm a new comer for Tapestry.I learn tapestry from
the documents on the
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry.
  There is a example for RenderBlock component which
nested contain another component named TabPanel
component.When i try this example,i encounter a
problem for TabPanel component.There is no definition
for "getBlockNames()" in codes for TabPanel.java.My
question is :
1.In TabPanel.jwc,TabPanel component is defined for
not allow informal-parameters and there is no
parameter "blockNames",but why use it in TabTest.html?
2.If may use blockNames,how to define getBlockNames()
in TabPanel.java?
3.Why TabPanel is not an implicit component for
Tapestry?
Thanks and Regards,
Karl.

Re: RendorBlock example problem

Posted by Ke Deng <la...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,Kent,
  Thanks for your help! The page can display normally now after changing getBlockNames to getBlockIDs,but the component(id="link") nested in tabPanel does not work,it does not render <a> tag at all.I don't know why it is,can you give me a hint?

Thanks and Regards,
Karl.

Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> wrote:
Ke Deng yahoo.com> writes:

> There is a example for RenderBlock component which
> nested contain another component named TabPanel
> component.When i try this example,i encounter a
> problem for TabPanel component.There is no definition
> for "getBlockNames()" in codes for TabPanel.java.

It's a bug in the example. It should be getBlockIds(). Please
file a bug report at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10573

> 1.In TabPanel.jwc,TabPanel component is defined for
> not allow informal-parameters and there is no
> parameter "blockNames",but why use it in TabTest.html?
> 2.If may use blockNames,how to define getBlockNames()
> in TabPanel.java?

As said above, it should be blockIds.

> 3.Why TabPanel is not an implicit component for
> Tapestry?

No idea about this one.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

---------------------------------

Re: RendorBlock example problem

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Ke Deng <laniqi <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>   There is a example for RenderBlock component which
> nested contain another component named TabPanel
> component.When i try this example,i encounter a
> problem for TabPanel component.There is no definition
> for "getBlockNames()" in codes for TabPanel.java.

It's a bug in the example. It should be getBlockIds(). Please
file a bug report at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10573

> 1.In TabPanel.jwc,TabPanel component is defined for
> not allow informal-parameters and there is no
> parameter "blockNames",but why use it in TabTest.html?
> 2.If may use blockNames,how to define getBlockNames()
> in TabPanel.java?

As said above, it should be blockIds.

> 3.Why TabPanel is not an implicit component for
> Tapestry?

No idea about this one.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)