Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Len Takeuchi <lt...@salescentrix.com> on 2002/10/26 00:52:16 UTC

problem getting jms sample to work

Hi,

I'm trying to run the jms sample and I'm running into some problems.  I have
followed the document associated with the sample to setup the JMS provider
(sonic).  It seems that the message is getting on to the queue and the
listener (SimpleJMSListener) is picking up the message but cannot find the
service it is supposed to call.  Since it is doing SOAP over JMS, how does
the Axis server come into play?  I have deployed the service it calls into
the Axis server which is run within my web server/servlet engine and this
service can be called using SOAP over HTTP.  When the SimpleJMSListener gets
the Axis server, is it creating a new one or is it supposed to get the same
'instance' as the one associated with the web server (which is the one where
I deployed the apps)?  I have attached the error message at the bottom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Len Takeuchi
Salescentrix.com

P.S. I had tried to send this to this list before but I'm not sure if it
made it.  Sorry if this winds up being a duplicate.

I:\apache\xml-axis-10>java samples.jms.JMSTest -c
./samples/jms/jndi-connection-
factory.properties -d "MyQ" XXX
Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
 faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
target
Service is null
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
 faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
target
Service is null
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is
nul
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:307)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.jms.SimpleJMSWorker.run(SimpleJMSWorker.jav
a:130)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.jms.SimpleJMSListener.onMessage(SimpleJMSLi
stener.java:165)
        at progress.message.jimpl.Session.EPB_(Unknown Source)
        at progress.message.jimpl.QueueSession.run(Unknown Source)
        at progress.message.jimpl.fw.run(Unknown Source)

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is
nul
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.
java:135)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Deseri
alizationContextImpl.java:942)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1403)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLVa
lidator.java:1480)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1149)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializa
tionContextImpl.java:232)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:546)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:377)
        at samples.jms.JMSTest.main(JMSTest.java:156)

Re: problem getting jms sample to work

Posted by "Daniel C. Wickstrom" <da...@rtp.ericsson.se>.
You can also configure the location by setting the axis.ServerConfigFile
property:

-Daxis.ServerConfigFile=/somewhere_in_filesystem/server-config.wsdd

Regards,

Dan

--
Daniel Wickstrom