Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/18 22:54:01 UTC

Using release plugin with multi-module project

I'm trying to use the release plugin for the first time on a multi-module project.  Given that my project looks like this:

/Parent
    /Project-A
    /Project-B (had a dependency on Project-A)

the problem I'm having is when the release plugin goes to build Project-B it fails with an error saying it can't find Project-A.  The release plugin will successfully take the version of Project-A and remove the "-SNAPSHOT" so that's OK.  Also, the release plugin will successfully alter the pom of Project-B and remove the "-SNAPSHOT" on the dependency to Project-A.  However Project-B still can't find Project-A when it the release plugin tries to build it.

Suggestions?

Re: Using release plugin with multi-module project

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
				<configuration>
					<preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

Search the list for explanation.

Kalle