Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Taber <jt...@johntaber.net> on 2004/04/15 13:49:29 UTC

need smarter add/remove

using SVN on debian - it's running well - like it more than CVS, especially
log reporting.  But it would be so much better if when committing - the
program would check for any new files or removed files in the working
directory - it is way too easy to overlook and not specifically add or remove
a file in SVN after using cut, copy or paste in a file manager (ie
Konqueror).  It would be nice if the program could perform a check and then
prompt something like:  Found 2 new files: foo3.cpp foo3.h  Do you wish to
add to repository?  (Y/N)

I know this can be done manually using status,etc, but the more smarts we can
add - the less bugs and mistakes we'll make.
thks.

--
John Taber

Re: need smarter add/remove

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
John Taber <jt...@johntaber.net> writes:
> using SVN on debian - it's running well - like it more than CVS,
> especially log reporting.  But it would be so much better if when
> committing - the program would check for any new files or removed
> files in the working directory - it is way too easy to overlook and
> not specifically add or remove a file in SVN after using cut, copy or
> paste in a file manager (ie Konqueror).  It would be nice if the
> program could perform a check and then prompt something like: Found 2
> new files: foo3.cpp foo3.h Do you wish to add to repository?  (Y/N)
>
> I know this can be done manually using status,etc, but the more smarts
> we can add - the less bugs and mistakes we'll make.  thks.

Generally we've been against adding unpredictable interactivity to
Subversion, for reasons you can probably guess :-).  However, you
could implement this with a wrapper script pretty easily...

-K