Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Yue Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/10 14:44:29 UTC

How can I get ingestion time when using Druid Kafka indexing service?

I need to benchmark our ingestion service (from the time we add an event to the event is queryable in Druid. The approximation is the time between event inserted into the kafka topic to Druid ingests the event.

From the Druid schema design, we can add a metric with expression. However, I can't find any timestamp function which can be used to get the current time when the ingestion is executed.

Do we have such a function to get the ingestion time?

If not, does Druid supervisor (for Kafka indexing service) emit any event so I can subscribe to the event, and consume the ingestion event?