suspend and resume a job in execution?

Hi,

I want to suspend a job that it is in execution when all maptasks
finishes, and then resume the job later.

Can I do this in yarn? Is there an API for that, or I must use the
command line?

Thanks,

Re: suspend and resume a job in execution?

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
I am not aware of an API that would let you do this. You may be able to move an application to a queue with 0 resources to achieve the desired behavior but I'm not entirely sure.

 By job, I mean an mapreduce job. I would like to suspend and resume the
mapreduce job whilst it is executing.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.