Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2005/08/24 18:32:29 UTC

[general] Thunderbird filter generator for the Jakarta Commons mailing lists

Hi all, I wrote a script generating the rules to filter the Commons
Dev/User/Commit lists in Thunderbird, I think some of you will be
interested. The rules perform the following tasks:

- Move the general messages to a root folder (Inbox/Jakarta for example)
- Move the mails for a component to a specific folder under the root
folder (lang, io, digester...). Several patterns are tested to find the
component related to a message ([name], commons-name, common-name,
Commons Name, Common Name, /name)
- Change the color of the messages from the commons-users list (green)
- Change the color of the messages from the commons-cvs list (purple)

http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/mozfilter.html

Hope that helps :)

Emmanuel Bourg