Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/17 22:54:19 UTC

Re: Предложение по резюме с Хедхантера

Hello Alexander, thanks for your questions.

* The community uses English language and openmeetings-dev@ to discuss
most of the questions (excluding commercial and legal questions).
* Most of tasks from from [1] are not yet completed. Just select any
task you like and start discussion here. People will help to decide on
the current status of the task and possible directions for
improvement. It takes us two years to come to the incubator. Some
things are relatively slow in the open source world. Don't be
frightened by old dates if you really like some task.
* The latest bugs are more important than the earlier ones. I
encourage checking all bugs on the selected topic before doing
bugfixing. This helps understanding the problem scope better.
* When jira (e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-428) has an
incomplete description, the only guy who knows for sure is listed as
Jira reporter. Ask him on the list.
* As for wicket porting, I personally like user list in the room to be
re-done in HTML5. One of the reasons is OpenLaszlo implementation does
not behave well for >100 users on the list. Again, if you want to ask
Maxim, please, use the list.

Why using the common list is important? This helps our project to be
transparent to other participants. It also increase integration level.
Also community watches how people contribute, and reward great
kontributors with kudos and beers. And more beer helps keeping our
community even more transparent and understanding.

[1] http://www.dataved.ru/2010/02/debian.html

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095