Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Akar, Seyit Ali Duezguen" <se...@siemens.com> on 2022/01/04 10:23:40 UTC

Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for SUBVERSION

Dear Sir or Madam,

I work for Siemens AG as a student trainee and was asked to find out the ECCN numbers of the applications our department might use. Afterwards, I enter these numbers into our internal encyclopedia so that the employees have an overview at all times. The Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) are used by the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to classify export goods.

Can you please tell me the ECCN for your application called SUBVERSION?

With kind regards
Seyit Ali Duezguen Akar

Siemens AG
Information Technology
Application Platforms & Digital Solutions
Value Center HR Solutions
Java DevOps
IT APD HRS C07
Ahornallee 9
33106 Paderborn, Germany
mailto:seyit-ali-duezguen.akar@siemens.com
www.siemens.com
[cid:image001.gif@01D8015D.859BDBC0]
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Roland Busch, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Re: Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for SUBVERSION

Posted by Andreas Stieger <An...@gmx.de>.
On 1/4/22 11:23, Akar, Seyit Ali Duezguen wrote:
> Can you please tell me the ECCN for your application called SUBVERSION?

See https://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

Apache Subversion is not listed, so it is "n/a". Please note that we do
not distribute binaries, but you are in all likelihood using binaries in
your deployment. Contact your binary vendor for details. Also, you are
probably using encryption facilities for TLS (OpenSSL, Mozilla NSS) or
SSH (OpenSSH and others). Same advise, contact your binary vendor or
distributor.

Andreas