Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Barak Simon <ba...@db.com> on 2004/08/17 02:15:09 UTC

Building under Windows with command-line

Hi,

Is there a simple way to build the log4cxx for Windows .NET 2003 using its (free) command-line compiler?
It may take some time until I can get an IDE license, so if there is, it would be most helpful.
(also, if (instead) someone can send me a binary dll version for Windows XP, built under .NET 2003 that could also be a temporary solution for me)

Cheers,
Barak

________________________
Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform
190 George St. Sydney, 2000
Deutsche Bank
Phone +61 2 925 85070
Fax      +61 2 925 95050

Re: Building under Windows with command-line

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com>.
I have an Ant build script that will build log4cxx that I'll check with
the Visual C++ 2003 toolkit and commit.  I've used to to build with
Borland C++ builder and to generate CBuilderX and Xcode project files.

Posted by Jwahar Bammi <ba...@memento-inc.com>.

> Is there a simple way to build the log4cxx for Windows .NET 2003 using its
> (free) command-line compiler?
> It may take some time until I can get an IDE license, so if there is, it >
> would be most helpful.

You can get the free visual studio express edition with ide and all from
here
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/default.aspx

cheers,
bammi@memento-inc.com