Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Arun Vijayakumar <AV...@SERENA.com> on 2006/02/09 21:48:35 UTC

User search in Jetspeed 2.0

Hi all,

We want to search users in Jetspeed based on username, fullname and
their assigned roles. The fullnames are stored as user attributes in
Jetspeed database. I see that in UserManager API, there is method
'getUsers' that is supposed to return users based on username ( userid )
filter. However as per the documentation it only returns full list of
users when filter is empty string. We would like to know if there is
fully functional implementation available for this functionality in the
latest build. We are currently using Jetspeed 2.0 Release version.

Also as said earlier, we want to search users based on their full names
as well. I do not see any api that can search users based on their user
attributes. Is that functionality in the roadmap of Jetspeed? If not,
could you please suggest the best way to approach this problem? Do we
have to run our own SQL queries directly against Jetspeed database or is
there some other alternative I may not know of?

Thanks

Arun

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.