Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ramesh R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/16 20:07:49 UTC

Configure torque for struts

Hi,

I am using torque for struts application. I am currently finding difficult
configuring torque. Please guide me in how to do this.

Thanks

Ramesh r

Re: Configure torque for struts

Posted by Alvaro Coronel <al...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry Ram, I thought you were having trouble making it work. So you are well on your way to use Torque - contratulations!

I think you should move the init() call somewhere else, to an application wide initialization.

I am not that acquainted with struts.. I think you must move all the data manipulation (the setxxx() and save() ) to another class that inherits from some Struts class (used to be an "Action") and not use servlets.

But I digress - don't pay attention to me. You can get proper Struts help in a Struts mailing list.

Best regards,
Álvaro.

Ram <ra...@gmail.com> wrote: Well to be specific, I have configured the torque, generated the sql schema
files and made it to run perfectly. I even tested using it inside  a main
class like this.

    {
    String path = "../crm/Torque.properties";

    Torque.init(path);
    Contacts contacts = new Contacts();
    contacts.setFirstname("Ramesh");
    contacts.setLastname("R");
    contacts.setMiddlename("n");
    contacts.save();
    }

But my purpose is to use it in struts. I am using it like this.

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
        HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception
    {
    String path = "../crm/Torque.properties";

    Torque.init(path);
    Contacts contacts = new Contacts();
    contacts.setFirstname("xyz");
    contacts.setLastname("s");
    contacts.setMiddlename("n");
    contacts.save();
    request.setAttribute("Id", contacts.getPrimaryKey());
    return mapping.findForward("success");
    }
Please guide whether am on a right track.

--
cheers !!

ramesh r

---------------------------------

Re: Configure torque for struts

Posted by Alvaro Coronel <al...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I just read Guy's answer.

Below is the URL of a nice article you can make good use of. Try a javax.Servlet.ServletContextListener better than init() in one of your servlets.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/12/listeners.html

Way off Torque now!,
Álvaro.

Ram <ra...@gmail.com> wrote: yes, i created a servlet and am loading it at start up. now its working