Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Joseph Kueser <jk...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2005/02/02 17:57:11 UTC

Muse on WebLogic?

Hi, I'm new here, so please excuse my ignorance.  That will fade with
time.

We're experimenting with Muse, working toward a WSDM solution, and have
managed to get the tutorials and our own *WSResource classes working
fine and dandy under Tomcat.  One of our first real tasks is going to be
creating a JMX/WSDM Adapter for an existing project we have.  Now the
problem is that the application that we need to attach to runs under
WebLogic, and there's no getting around that.

So, I was hoping that someone here could give me some guidance on
getting Muse to work under WebLogic.  I know just enough about Tomcat
and WebLogic to be dangerous, but thought they were relatively drop-in
compatible.

When I try to deploy either my homegrown WS Resource or one from the
tutorials, I get the following errors at WebLogic startup (trimmed down
a bit to make it easier on the eyes):

<Feb 2, 2005 11:20:29 AM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101125>
<[ServletContext(id=77
5647,name=muse,context-path=/muse)] Error occurred while instantiating
servlet:
"ResourceManagerServlet".
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;
Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at
org.apache.ws.muws.Muws05Constants.<clinit>(Muws05Constants.java:53)
        at
org.apache.ws.resource.properties.impl.XmlBeansResourcePropertiesMana
gerImpl.<clinit>(XmlBeansResourcePropertiesManagerImpl.java:88)
        at
org.apache.ws.resource.AbstractXmlBeansWSResource.createPropertiesMan
ager(AbstractXmlBeansWSResource.java:210)
        at
org.apache.ws.resource.AbstractWSResource.<init>(AbstractWSResource.j
ava:116)
        at
org.apache.ws.resource.AbstractXmlBeansWSResource.<init>(AbstractXmlB
eansWSResource.java:87)
        at
org.apache.ws.resource.AbstractXmlBeansWSResource.<init>(AbstractXmlB
eansWSResource.java:100)
        at
axis.org.apache.ws.generated.registry.AbstractRegistryWsdmServiceWSRe
source.<init>(AbstractRegistryWsdmServiceWSResource.java:34)
        at
axis.org.apache.ws.generated.registry.RegistryWsdmServiceWSResource.<
init>(RegistryWsdmServiceWSResource.java:41)
Method)
...>

<Feb 2, 2005 11:20:30 AM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet:
"ResourceMan
agerServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "muse".
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet class:
'org.apache.ws.platform.axis.tran
sport.http.MuwsAxisServlet' doesn't have a default constructor
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(Servl
etStubImpl.java:1032)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:904)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
Impl.java:883)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
mpl.java:822)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
ervletContext.java:3333)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
ServletContext.java:3290)
...>

Joe Kueser
Gestalt, LLC