Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/03 16:19:38 UTC

Lucene does not index all pages - update Lucene?

Hi,

we have some 13000 pages (containing UML information generated from a large
UML model) in JSPWiki. JSPWiki can cope with that many pages, but it seems
like Lucene only indexes about half of the pages. But there is no Lucene
Exception in the logs, only very rarely the one below.
The Lucene version in 2.8.4 and trunk is 2.0 from 2006-05-26. I wonder if a
more recent Lucene version would work better, any chance of JSPWiki updating
Lucene?

Greetings, Juergen

2012-03-30 08:54:14,333 [ajp-bio-27009-exec-3] ERROR
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider
BOBNavi:http://elisa/bobnavi/JSON-RPC - Unable to get a Lucene analyzer
java.lang.InstantiationException:
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer

Re: Lucene does not index all pages - update Lucene?

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Juergen,

there should also be a stacktrace in the jspwiki.log, can you paste that
here?
Googled around a bit a found these ones :
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-library-errors-td1751908.html
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-530

Looks like indexing silently stops when you pass empty documents to it.
Could it be that you have one or more empty pages in your repository ?
(physical file size 2 bytes)

regards,
Harry

Posted by Christophe Dupriez <ch...@poisoncentre.be>.
My understanding of the upward/downward Lucene incompatibilities is that you should stop at Lucene 2.4.1 (upward is documented as not 100% compatible with previous versions). Hope this helps!

Christophe