Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> on 2015/04/25 22:28:40 UTC

Cassandra

Is it even logical to consider Cassandra in the context of an ORM design pattern since it is not SQL based?

Re: Cassandra

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> On Apr 25, 2015, at 10:28 PM, Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Is it even logical to consider Cassandra in the context of an ORM design pattern since it is not SQL based?

It is non-relational, doesn't have joins. So ORM is not a solution for Cassandra, though IIRC there are Cassandra clients based on JPA API, the functionality and the backend I am sure is quite different.

Andrus