Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Steinacker <si...@student.uibk.ac.at> on 2007/11/20 07:34:28 UTC

wsdl version

Hello,

I have a general question: Which version of WSDL (1.1/2.0) is
recommended to be used? Is WSDL 2.0 already stable and applicable in a
critical business applications?

Thanks,
Lg Simon

Re: wsdl version

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 supports both WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 deployment. If you are hoping to
use WSDL deployment I recommend WSDL 2.0 as its easy to learn (Less Complex)
and it gives you better control in a REST sense. If you want your service to
be more RESTy then I guess WSDL 2.0 is the way forward.

BTW, Axis2 will generate a WSDL 1.1 for your service even if you use WSDL
2.0 deployment.

Thanks,
Keith.

On Nov 20, 2007 12:04 PM, Simon Steinacker <
simon.steinacker@student.uibk.ac.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a general question: Which version of WSDL (1.1/2.0) is
> recommended to be used? Is WSDL 2.0 already stable and applicable in a
> critical business applications?
>
> Thanks,
> Lg Simon

Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
http://wso2.org/

Re: wsdl version

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I'm not convinced that WSDL 2.0 is the future. There's still no sign
from Microsoft that they plan to implement support for it. Stick with
WSDL 1.1 for the immediate future.

Anne

Re: wsdl version

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.