Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Lilantha Darshana <ld...@edocs.com> on 2004/03/22 06:21:14 UTC

RE: Work items for the next Release

All,

In general I would suggest following for next release:

>1).Source Restructuring
>- Include files should be restructured in the CVS folder hiarachy to keep
>include files that goes with binary distribution  seperately. Then CVS
>folder /c/include will contain only the include files that goes with binary
>distribution and all  other include files are moved to the respective
/c/src
>folder.

Let all the header files stay in their respective folders with their .cpp
files. When the library is build the build scripts (Makefile etc.) will take

care of copying only the required header files to the c/include folder.
So that binary distribution (tar ball) will contain the library with only
the required header file in the c/include.

>2) Writing critical failures to error logs.

I would vote for Log4c so that you can direct your output anywhere you want
and
only configured logs will be captured.

regards
-Lilantha

RE: Work items for the next Release

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
Hi Lilantha,

>>1).Source Restructuring
>>- Include files should be restructured in the CVS folder hiarachy to keep
>>include files that goes with binary distribution  seperately. Then CVS
>>folder /c/include will contain only the include files that goes with
>> binary
>>distribution and all  other include files are moved to the respective
> /c/src
>>folder.
>>
> Let all the header files stay in their respective folders with their .cpp
> files. When the library is build the build scripts (Makefile etc.) will
> take
>
> care of copying only the required header files to the c/include folder.
> So that binary distribution (tar ball) will contain the library with only
> the required header file in the c/include.

What I feel is that we let all the header files except files needed for the
binary be in their source folders. We keep header files needed for binary
in the $AXISCPP_HOME/c/include. In that way from the beginng we
can cleary identify files which acts as interface to axis c++.
I don't see any gain by adding files to $AXISCPP_HOME/c/include only in
release time.

>>2) Writing critical failures to error logs.
>>
> I would vote for Log4c so that you can direct your output anywhere you
> want
> and
> only configured logs will be captured.

Axis C++ already have a very simple log mechanism in which only configured
logs can be captured. I think that serves the purpose for the time being.
It's good if we can make a mechanism so that user can select and plug the
log mechanism he wants.