Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Ritter <ke...@jcafeinc.com> on 2001/12/06 20:33:39 UTC

Can't authenticate in Slide Realm

Greetings,

What does Slide mean by the following error that appears in the
webdav_log.txt:

Slide realm[]: User kevinr doesn't have his password property set : can't
authenticate

Where in the slide.data, slide.conf, slide.def, or server.xml files to I
make the change to resolve this error. The result of this error prevents me
from logging in with a user name and password that Tomcat has successfully
authenticated.

I am successfully authenticating using a JDBCRealm implementation. I am
using the SingleSignOn valve. Both are described under the default virtual
host. I am not getting any exceptions thrown or other errors with the
exception of the following error:

ContextConfig[]: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only"
"Internal Error: File /WEB-INF/web.xml not found"

which I don't have a clue as to why. The WEB_INF directory name appears as
spelled here.

I have no idea what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Ritter

Re: Can't authenticate in Slide Realm

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Greetings,
>
> What does Slide mean by the following error that appears in the
> webdav_log.txt:
>
> Slide realm[]: User kevinr doesn't have his password property set : can't
> authenticate
>
> Where in the slide.data, slide.conf, slide.def, or server.xml files to I
> make the change to resolve this error. The result of this error prevents
me
> from logging in with a user name and password that Tomcat has successfully
> authenticated.

For example, the root user does this to define the password property (from
the samples):
        <objectnode classname="slideroles.basic.RootRoleImpl"
         uri="/users/root">
          <!-- Uncomment and change the password to allow login as root to
           edit the namespace -->
          <!--revision>
            <property name="password"
             namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/">root</property>
          </revision-->
        </objectnode>

> I am successfully authenticating using a JDBCRealm implementation. I am
> using the SingleSignOn valve. Both are described under the default virtual
> host. I am not getting any exceptions thrown or other errors with the
> exception of the following error:
>
> ContextConfig[]: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only"
> "Internal Error: File /WEB-INF/web.xml not found"
>
> which I don't have a clue as to why. The WEB_INF directory name appears as
> spelled here.

It's supposed to be WEB-INF, so no problem here. It just says that the
web.xml for the webapp which is deployed from the Slide namespace was not
found (which is ok since it's empty by default).

Remy