Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 黄刚 <ga...@dmall.com> on 2015/10/19 13:56:36 UTC

回复:How Kafka work internally?

you don’t need the full broker list for “metadata.broker.list”, one healthy broker will get metadata from zk, and then return to the produce client.

原始邮件
Hi I am using producer API to send data to a topic. For this I am using "metadata.broker.list" to specify my broker list and i am able to send data successfully. But i am looking for how Kafka server handle a producer API means 1. which broker act as a coordinator for the send request. As we know only partition leader has the permission to write message into a partition. But if i have topic with partition 3 and in my "metadata.broker.list" i am pass only one broker details, even then i am able to send my message. 2. Every send request will hit one broker in the list or Kafka use some kind of load balancing to handle send request. Thanks Kiran Singh

Re: How Kafka work internally?

Posted by Kiran Singh <ki...@gmail.com>.
What mean by healthy broker?