Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/06 15:49:50 UTC

[VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany SDO Java 1.0-incubating (release candidate 4)

The Tuscany project requests permission of the IPMC to release the SDO
Java 1.0-incubating release. The vote thread is here ...

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg21169.html

Since this is a small delta on the RC3 for this release (see the
detailed information below) I crave the indulgence of the IPMC to
review this release in parallel with the Tuscany vote thread in order
that I can make the release very shortly after after the requisite 72
hours.

Changes in the RC4 release candidate from the RC3 candidate
To assist those who have looked at RC3,  I have included links to all
the changes in [4a,4b,4c] below

-- The permissions on unix jar files have been fixed
-- Some out of date references to the use of EMF 2.2.2 have been
updated to 2.2.3
-- The DISCLAIMER files,  which were manually inserted into RC3 during
the lifetime of the vote thread are now placed there in RC4 by the
build process
-- A tiny typographical error in the RELEASE_NOTES file has been fixed

The release candidate RC4 for Tuscany Java SDO archive distribution
files are posted at [1]
The release audit tool (rat) files and associated exceptions are
posted at [1] also
The maven repository artifacts are posted in a staging repository [2]
The tag for the source code is at [3]

The release notes for this release are attached below

It looks OK to me so here's my +1

Regards, Kelvin.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/1.0-incubating/RC4/

[2] http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/repo/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/

[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubating/

[4a] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=563090

[4b] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=563099

[4c] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=563113

Service Data Objects (SDO) Java version 1.0-incubating Release Notes

The Service Data Objects (SDO) API simplifies and unifies Service
Oriented Architecture
(SOA) data access and code.

SDO offers both a static and a dynamic programming model for data access.
Choosing to generate static classes to represent your data model gives you
the ease and intuitive nature of the static programming model,  backed up
by the power of the dynamic model too.

SDO also offers the capacity to track changes to data. If a graph of data
includes a change summary property, then additions, modifications, and deletions
made to the graph within the scope of that change summary will be recorded.

What's new in this Release
==========================

Apache Tuscany's SDO Java Release 1.0-incubating is the first such release
with full coverage of the SDO 2.1 specification.

In addition to adding the few remaining SDO 2.1 features not included in the
1.0-incubating-beta1 release and fixing a number of bugs (see below for detail)
there are a number of new features relating to XML serialization, and new
support for handling dynamic derivation from static classes.  There has also
been significant focus on making the SDO sample programs more accessible.

For previous revision history, take a look at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubating-beta1/sdo/distribution/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

SDO Java 1.0-incubating is a superset of previous SDO
1.0-incubating-beta1 release.
Anything in 1.0-incubating-beta1 is also in 1.0-incubating, but
1.0-incubating contains
features and bugfixes not present in 1.0-incubating-beta1 release.

Downloading
===========

Please visit  http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sdo-java-releases.html

Binary Artifact Changes
=======================

PLEASE NOTE that
Since the 1.0-incubating-beta release the following binary artifacts
have been renamed

The maven groupId of the SDO API binary artifact has changed from
"commonj" to "org.apache.tuscany.sdo"

The maven artifactId for the SDO API binary artifact has changed from
"sdo-api-r2.1 " to "tuscany-sdo-api-r2.1"

The jar file containing the SDO API has a new "tuscany-" prefix,  so what was ..
sdo-api-r2.1-1.0-incubating-beta1.jar in the beta1 release becomes
tuscany-sdo-api-r2.1-1.0-incubating.jar in this release.

In addition a new maven artifact and jar has appeared.

maven groupId=org.apache.tuscany.sdo
maven artifactId=tuscany-sdo-lib
jar archive=tuscany-sdo-lib-1.0-incubating

This artifact provides a cleear distinction between Tuscany SDO
implementation,  and the Tuscany
API which extends the SDO API.  See the javadoc contained in the
binary release for details of
the function provded by this artifact.

New Features and Fixes
======================

For more detail on these fixes and features please see ...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&fixfor=12312521&resolution=1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=issuetype&sorter/order=DESC

New Feature
   TUSCANY-1213    SDO 2.1 feature: DataHelper.convert()
   TUSCANY-1212    SDO 2.1 feature: Property.isNullable() and
Property.isOpenContent()
   TUSCANY-1214    SDO 2.1 feature: XMLHelper.load (Source) and
XMLHelper.save(Result)
   TUSCANY-1197    Sequence composition
   TUSCANY-1317    Provide a way to set default XML load options to
be used during Java deserialization
Improvement
   TUSCANY-1350    Reorganise SDO build / distribution layout
   TUSCANY-1459    Remove package registry delegation to
EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE
   TUSCANY-1110    Improve the performance of TypeHelperImpl.getType(Class)
   TUSCANY-1391    Provide capability to load and save XML with
unknown features
   TUSCANY-1284    Manifest version number in Java SDO Impl and Tools jars
   TUSCANY-513    Implement support for dynamic subclasses of
statically generated types
   TUSCANY-1233    Enhance SDO static codegen (XSD2Java) to support
multiple namespaces in a single pass.
Bug
   TUSCANY-1143    Generated code should separate metadata creation
from registration to permit proper scoping
   TUSCANY-1428    XSD2JavaGenerator.GeneratePackage information is invalid
   TUSCANY-1429    Using default helper context got
ClassCastException due to T-1317
   TUSCANY-1446    Java SDO samples don't compile with JDK 1.4.2
   TUSCANY-1457    Unable to code gen SDOModel.xsd
   TUSCANY-1430    SDO codegen is needs to use internal property
numbers for inverseAdd, inverseRemove, and notify calls
   TUSCANY-1207    TCCL-specific EcoreBuilders must be used by
default XSDHelper
   TUSCANY-1127    ObtainingDataGraphFromXml, and maybe other
samples, incorrectly accessing xsd:any content
   TUSCANY-1254    Codegen on a type inheriting from a type in
different namespace will result in mis-mapping the feature IDs
   TUSCANY-993    Problems with sdoModelExtended.xsd
   TUSCANY-1223    XSD base64Binary type mapping to wrong SDO type
   TUSCANY-1251    Code generated from xsd:base64Binary types fail to compile
   TUSCANY-1333    [Java SDO] ClassCastException when defining schema
file without .xsd extension
   TUSCANY-1410    DataHelperImpl.toCalendar() with null locale
should use default locale
   TUSCANY-1324    DeserializationNoSchemaTestCase took a long time to run
   TUSCANY-1369    EMF 2.2.2 Dependencies from ISU are Stale
   TUSCANY-1352    NPE in
SDOXSDEcoreBuilder.XSDSchemaAdapterFactoryImpl.SchemaLocator.locateSchema
   TUSCANY-1325    Property value with xsd:QName type is not
deserialized and serialized correctly
   TUSCANY-1250    Static SDO generator generates an erroneous
factory class, when inheritance and different Java packages are used
   TUSCANY-578    Exceptions thrown by SDO runtime not the same as
defined in the spec
   TUSCANY-1421    XMLHelper.save on root object of DataGraph gives
serialization of href="root.xml#/"
   TUSCANY-1436    TypeHelper.getType(java.util.List.class) throws
ClassCastException
   TUSCANY-1385    Duplicate namespace was serialized when SDO QName
property value containing existing namespace
   TUSCANY-1122    TypeConversionTestCase fails for JDK 1.4.2
   TUSCANY-1408    Cannot programmatically define a SDO property
matching to XSD element
   TUSCANY-1393    ClassCastException saving codegen-based DataGraph
with ChangeSummary containing an xsd:int
   TUSCANY-1305    Changesummary of datagraph using static interfaces.

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany SDO Java 1.0-incubating (release candidate 4)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

   ...ant

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Craig

On Aug 9, 2007, at 5:14 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> +1
>

> On 8/8/07, Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 8/6/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Tuscany project requests permission of the IPMC to release
>>> the SDO
>>> Java 1.0-incubating release. The vote thread is here ...
>>>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg21169.html
>>>
>>> Since this is a small delta on the RC3 for this release (see the
>>> detailed information below) I crave the indulgence of the IPMC to
>>> review this release in parallel with the Tuscany vote thread in
>>> order
>>> that I can make the release very shortly after after the
>>> requisite 72
>>> hours.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> - robert

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany SDO Java 1.0-incubating (release candidate 4)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 8/8/07, Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/6/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Tuscany project requests permission of the IPMC to release the SDO
> > Java 1.0-incubating release. The vote thread is here ...
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg21169.html
> >
> > Since this is a small delta on the RC3 for this release (see the
> > detailed information below) I crave the indulgence of the IPMC to
> > review this release in parallel with the Tuscany vote thread in order
> > that I can make the release very shortly after after the requisite 72
> > hours.
>
> +1
>
> - robert

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany SDO Java 1.0-incubating (release candidate 4)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 8/6/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Tuscany project requests permission of the IPMC to release the SDO
> Java 1.0-incubating release. The vote thread is here ...
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg21169.html
>
> Since this is a small delta on the RC3 for this release (see the
> detailed information below) I crave the indulgence of the IPMC to
> review this release in parallel with the Tuscany vote thread in order
> that I can make the release very shortly after after the requisite 72
> hours.

+1

- robert