Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Alex Aversa <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/06 13:14:24 UTC

Adding Custom UI Components

Hello,

I am trying to determine the best practice to inject my own custom UI
components to the main NiFi user interface (not just custom processor
UI's)  without having to modify the Apache Nifi code base. I was hoping
there was a property available in the nifi.properties file that could point
to a directory containing a custom package.json and corresponding component
files that would allow front end developers to inject their custom web
components into the main NiFi user interface. Is this something that is
supported, or is there a better practice available to address adding custom
components into main user interface aside from having to fork the code
base? My thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Take care,

Alex

Re: Adding Custom UI Components

Posted by Alex Aversa <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matt. So right now I was looking at a theme enhancement to provide
more options for the color scheme of the site. Like I said, I'd prefer not
to alter the code base, but just drop in a specific component that can
import the script/css and work within the existing framework from there. My
thanks again for the information.

take care,

--alex

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.