Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Russell Brown <ru...@Freeserve.com> on 2002/11/04 10:53:15 UTC

Deploying an EJB as a webservice ( j2sdkee RI EJB container )

Hi All,
I am new to this Apache Axis.

Below is my deployment descriptor. I have tested my bean with the bean client I have written and it works fine. However when I deploy it to Axis, no errors occur ( in any of the consoles ) yet when I hit the service url at http://localhost:8080/axis/services/PAFLookUp2 I get a blank screen, same if I append ?wsdl. No error, nothing, just a blank page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I setting the jndiURL correctly ? Should it be the url of the EJB container or the Tomcat server where Apache Axis is deployed ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">
	<service name="PAFLookUp2" provider="java:EJB">
	<parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/PAFLookUp"/>
	<parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUpHome"/>
	<parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUp"/>
	<parameter name="className" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUpBean"/>
	<parameter name="jndiURL" value="rmi://localhost:1050"/>
	<parameter name="jndiContextClass" value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"/>
<typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
	qname="ns:com.freeserve.fsmap.ArgumentSet"
	type="java:com.freeserve.fsmap.ArgumentSet"
	encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</service>
</deployment>

To be honest I have lifted the descriptor from the examples posted on this list, but in the deploytool, the jndi name is ejb/PAFLookUp.

Any help at all needed. BTW I have read and tried the example provided by John Mammen to this list "How to deploy a EJB as a Web Service on Axis 1.0".
I have also ordered the Axis book, bu am awaiting delivery.

Many thanks in advance

Russell

Russell Brown
Application Developer
Freeserve.com Plc
The Malthouse, Chadwick Street, Leeds LS10 1LJ
Telephone: 0113 222 9110