Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com> on 2010/02/04 09:14:09 UTC

Web access to repository

Hi,

One of the teams here would like to publish their repository. We have already an Internet and Intranet server so that would be the ideal place. However, that is not the Subversion server.

Can I use ViewVC to access a repository that is not on the same server? Is there any other tool I can use? Any other ideas or suggestions?

The SVN Server is a RHEL4 with SVN 1.6.9. The Internet/intranet server is a CentOS 5.4 with Apache 2.2.13 (I think)

Thanks
Giulio

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by Lars Tiefland <lt...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you could use WebSVN (http://www.websvn.info) to display the contents of the
repository. There you can specify the http-URL to the Repository as basis.

Live Long And Prosper,

Lars Tiefland

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Giulio Troccoli!

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 5, 2010, at 03:00, Giulio Troccoli wrote:

>> And in 1.6, you can also see historical versions through WebDAV, too.
>
> As I said I still don't know if they will be happy with just HEAD. But if they're not, are you talking about Subversion 1.6 or WebDAV 1.6? If the latter, how do I find out? The status page for my Apache server says
>
> Server Version: Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 PHP/5.2.9 SVN/1.6.9

He's talking about Subversion 1.6. Please see:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.6.html#historical-uris

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

RE: Web access to repository

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com>.

RE: Web access to repository

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com>.

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:22 PM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> Giulio Troccoli wrote:
>>> ViewVC has unofficial/experimental support for displaying
>>> remote repositories.  You can see/use an example of this in
>>> action here:
>>>
>>>   http://svn.collab.net/viewvc/viewvc
>>>
>>> (The 'viewvc' project repository lives over on viewvc.tigris.org.)
>>
>> Thanks Michael, I would certainly look into it then. We already user ViewVC internally. Is it possible to rescrit it to just use HEAD? This may be a requirement. I don't know yet but it oculd be something they would want. Worse comes to worse I can always use plain WebDAV.
>
> Oh, man, if you just want HEAD, yeah, just use WebDAV.  Maybe even use
> mod_proxy so it looks like folks can browsing on your main server when the
> real data is coming from the Subversion server.

And in 1.6, you can also see historical versions through WebDAV, too.

-Hyrum

Re: Web access to repository

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Re: Web access to repository