Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by Janardhan <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/04/17 22:19:50 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Release process documentation

Hi Arnab,

We do not seem to have a release process doc. (sorry,
if I missed some directory). For example, gitlab [1] keeps
in writing all the steps of the cycle.

I would like to help with release process documentation
and testing (local, and in-cluster), on requirement.

Can you find how I can fit into your release plan?

[1]
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/release/docs/-/blob/master/general/monthly/release-manager.md

Thank you,
Janardhan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Release process documentation

Posted by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Janardhan,

Thanks for agreeing to help out in the release effort.
I remember from the last release that we do have a few broken docs here and
there. I will try to retrieve those once I am back to my computer and get
some time, and will definitely share if I find any.
Detailed step-by-step documentation will surely be helpful for future
releases.
It is a bit too early to think about the release-specific tests. I might
need help in other areas as well, such as building a package for our python
release etc. I will reach out to you.

Regards,
Arnab..