Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net> on 2000/11/06 16:22:54 UTC

[tomcat-user] Re: $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml isn't readed in Tomcat 3.2b6???

sorry, it's simply not supported.  I have yet to hear any developer
response on this list about cleaning up docs mentioning that is supported.

I just recompiled WebXmlReader.java to use jikes (one line), and was done
with it.

In fact, the global web.xml is a feature point of 4.0mX (ie: it's working
again).

I wouldn't expect it back...

Kenneth Topp
---
 to unsubscribe: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
 for more info: http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/mail.html

Re: [tomcat-user] Re: $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml isn't readed in Tomcat 3.2b6???

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Alberto Silva wrote:

> ... so... I have to forget about a global web.xml???

in 3.2 yes forget about it.  either go to 3.1, 4.0 or code it yourself for
3.2.

> And how can we change Tomcat to use Jikes without recompiling the source??

in 3.2 there is no way.  either go to 3.1, 4.0.  You cannot override the
compiler in a context's web.xml (i've tried in several release of 3.2, but
this may no longer be the case).

> I think this an important configuration issue... any idea???

I would think that tomcat-dev knows that this is important.  I don't know
what their intentions are, but I don't think that tomcat-user was made
aware of any.  Feel free to report back any info that tomcat-dev gives
you.

a global web.xml is simply a plus, I don't think the spec mandates it.

I think the workaround ie: recompile WebXmlReader) is all most people
need.

Good Luck,

Kenneth Topp

---