Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2011/02/26 02:12:43 UTC

Using a proxy server for usps and UPS address validation

I have created a new service using the UPS Street Level address validation API instead of the USPS one which I will soon submit as a contribution.

However, the production server for this company is behind a firewall and it is only connected to the internal network.  Outside access to it is through mod_proxy_ajp.

I have considered using the apache server as a proxy starting ofbiz with System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "myProxyServer.com"); or -Dhttp.proxyHost=myproxyserver.com

However my readings have turned up some issues with this and I am considering the modification of UspsServices.java.sendUspsRequest() and sendUpsRequest() to use Commons HTTP Client so I can connect to a proxy server for these  services.

Anyone have any advice

Skip