Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Santiago Turiño <da...@corp.ya.com> on 2005/06/21 10:02:56 UTC

How to include dependant jars in my result jar: jar.bundle works?

Hi,

I'd like to be able to include some dependency jars in the jar produced
by the maven jar goal for a given project. I've seen a few references
about using a <jar.bundle>true</jar.bundle> entry in the <properties> of
a dependency, but I don't get it working...

Is there any way of doing this? I'd like to obtain a single jar file
with my classes along with the dependant jars specified in the
<dependencies> section of the project.xml.

TIA,
David

Re: How to include dependant jars in my result jar: jar.bundle works?

Posted by David Santiago Turiño <da...@corp.ya.com>.
Thanks, Edmund. That plugin seems to do exactly what I'm trying to...
although I thought there would be some "native" way of achieving it with
the jar plugin...

David

Edmund Urbani escribió:

>David Santiago Turiño wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'd like to be able to include some dependency jars in the jar
>>produced by the maven jar goal for a given project. I've seen a few
>>references about using a <jar.bundle>true</jar.bundle> entry in the
>><properties> of a dependency, but I don't get it working...
>>
>>Is there any way of doing this? I'd like to obtain a single jar file
>>with my classes along with the dependant jars specified in the
>><dependencies> section of the project.xml.
>>

>>TIA,
>>David
>>

>have you looked at the uberjar plugin? i've found it quite useful for
>some stand-alone apps that have some jar dependencies. i don't know
>about the jar.bundle property - didn't need that for uberjar to work.
>
> Edmund

David Santiago
david.santiago@corp.ya.com
911417785

Re: How to include dependant jars in my result jar: jar.bundle works?

Posted by Kanakambaran Nair <ka...@gmail.com>.
Is there any way in which we can selectively bundle dependent jars (other
than writing jelly code)? The <jar.bundle> property seems to be for this but
it does not work.
 Regards,
Kanakambaran

Re: How to include dependant jars in my result jar: jar.bundle works?

Posted by Edmund Urbani <em...@liland.org>.