Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by martinec <ma...@d3s.mff.cuni.cz> on 2011/11/14 15:54:32 UTC

Performance test - default configuration only?

Hello,

I have downloaded activemq-parent-5.5.0-source-release package to run
the activemq performance test. I had been able to run the test
successfully, but then I did not managed to change the default
configuration for the producer.

I read the plugin sources (in the
activemq-tooling/maven-activemq-perf-plugin directory) and now I believe
that the producer's or consumer's configuration is never loaded at all.
For example, JmsProducerProperties seems to be never set to non-default
values. Additionally, I cannot see where the configuration files can be
specified in the manual
(http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html).

Does the performance test use the default configuration only or did I
miss anything?

Regards,
Tomas

Re: Performance test - default configuration only?

Posted by martinec <ma...@d3s.mff.cuni.cz>.
Hello,

> What command do you try to use and how do you try to set a configuration file?
> I have never specified a configuration file for producer or consumer but simply set all options using -D arguments, e.g.
>
> activemq-perf:producer -Dproducer.sessTransacted=false -Dproducer.sessAckMode=autoAck ...

oh, makes more sence to me now.

There are some configuration files in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/sandbox/activemq-perftest/src/main/resources/producer-conf
that seemed to be the way of configuration for me. For some reason I
thought that the plugins are configured just by choosing and editing the
approriate conf file.

Thanks.

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Hello,

What command do you try to use and how do you try to set a configuration file?
I have never specified a configuration file for producer or consumer but simply set all options using -D arguments, e.g.

activemq-perf:producer -Dproducer.sessTransacted=false -Dproducer.sessAckMode=autoAck ...

That works fine for me.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com