Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Angus Lees <gu...@debian.org> on 2004/08/16 06:13:21 UTC

Call for last minute Debian libembperl-perl testing

Gerald has fixed the memory corruption that caused "make test" to spin
on ia64 and alpha :)

I have uploaded a new version of libembperl-perl incorporating these
changes (2.0b12dev1-1).  More interestingly, I've also built this
version with Apache2/mod_perl2 support (as well as Apache1/mod_perl1 -
it uses some bootstrap magic to choose the right .so) and added some
embperl.conf/embperl.load files for the Debian Apache2
"a2enmod/a2dismod" commands.

If you have an interest in having Embperl2 work "out of the box" in
the upcoming Debian release, *please* give this a quick test
(particularly the Apache2 bits) and notify me of any problems you
encounter using the "reportbug" command.  The cutoff for me to upload
new packages and still have them make the release is tomorrow, so make
it quick ;)

--
 - Gus

RE: Call for last minute Debian libembperl-perl testing

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I've just reported a bug on the Debian BTS with Embperl2
> ("apache -t" segfault)
>
>      http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=266032
>
> It's not so big an issue (AFIASee Embperl itself works very
> well) but because of this bug, the debian apache
> reload/restart system can't work 'out of the box'.
>
> Seems to be a problem similar to this one :
>
>       http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2004-07/msg00070.html

The problem is that it doesn't occur anymore for me (but I don't have a
debian by hand for testing at the moment).

Are you able to generate a stackbacktrace from gdb for the segfault? That
would help very much

Thanks

Gerald

Re: Call for last minute Debian libembperl-perl testing

Posted by Christophe Le Bars <cl...@2fp.net>.
Angus Lees <gu...@debian.org> writes:
> If you have an interest in having Embperl2 work "out of the box" in
> the upcoming Debian release, *please* give this a quick test

I've just reported a bug on the Debian BTS with Embperl2 ("apache -t" segfault)

It's not so big an issue (AFIASee Embperl itself works very well) but
because of this bug, the debian apache reload/restart system can't work
'out of the box'.

Seems to be a problem similar to this one :

      http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2004-07/msg00070.html

--
Christophe