Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/28 19:05:51 UTC

OT: Hosted project management services

Off-topic question, although the project will use CouchDB :-)
(Google hasn't found anything satisfactory yet)

Can anyone recommend a project management service which is free for
Open Source, and easy for non-programmers to use as well?

I need to build a website for a new FOSS project. It is to be used by
programmers and non-programmers alike, so needs to be simple. I looked
at Google Sites, but it might be a bit limiting, not sure?
I've even considered Tumblr, but it will lack tasks and tracking.
Unless some bright spark knows better?

We need a regular website as front-end, but with some tools to
delegate tasks and track issues. I really don't want to host another
CMS myself, just don't have the time for all the maintenance. I'm sure
I'm not the only one who's faced this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Marcus

Re: OT: Hosted project management services

Posted by Mehdi El Fadil <me...@mango-is.com>.
Hi Marcus,

You probably should look at Redmine and Chiliproject hosting. These two are
open source web-based project management software (actually the latter being
a fork of the second).

A french developers community offers free hosting for open source project.:
http://projets.developpez.com/ I have not tried it but the site has a good
reputation. *You might be able to switch to English language once subscribed
*.

I am using the free plan from plan.io <http://plan.io/en/> (redmine hosting
saas offer), but it is quite limited if your project is large:
 free plan Bronze <https://accounts.plan.io/signup/Bronze?locale=en>: 1
project, 2 users, 1 workflow and 500MB storage

You can find other providers, just google around.

Another software option is openerp <http://www.openerp.com/>, which has
project management features. You can try a demo here:
http://demo.openerp.com/

You should also google to find companies hosting the tool.

Hope this helps,

Mehdi

--
*
Mehdi El Fadil

Re: Make a three

Posted by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch>.
yes!
Thanks, Alex

2011/9/29, kowsik <ko...@gmail.com>:
> Does this help?
>
> http://blog.mudynamics.com/2010/10/02/using-couchdb-group_level-for-hierarchical-data/
>
> K.
> ---
> http://blitz.io
> @pcapr
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Andrew Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Can you provide an example of query?
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>> If I understand what you’re asking for, you can create a view whose keys
>>> are [category, sub_category, brand]:
>>>        function(doc) {emit([doc.category, doc.sub_category, doc.brand],
>>> null);}
>>> Then you can use grouping in queries to get all the subcategories of a
>>> category, or all the brands.
>>>
>>> —Jens

Alexander Gabriel
Wiesenstrasse 22
8800 Thalwil
079/ 372 51 64
alex@barbalex.ch
ww.barbalex.ch

Re: Make a three

Posted by kowsik <ko...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

Re: Make a three

Posted by Andrew Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Make a three

Make a three

Posted by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.
I have a bunch of documents, and I would like to build a three based on data from them. For example I have objects like this:
[{
name: "1",
category: "Paint",
sub_category: "Inside",
brand: "ACME"
},
{
name: "2",
category: "Paint",
sub_category: "Inside",
brand: "ACME"
},
{
name: "asd",
category: "Tools",
sub_category: "Hammer",
brand: "ACME"
},
{
name: "asd",
category: "Tools",
sub_category: "Hammer",
brand: "UY"
},
{
name: "asd",
category: "Paint",
sub_category: "Outside",
brand: "UY"
}]

And I would like to build a three like this:

[ {category: "Paint",
subs: ["Inside", "Outside"],
brands: ["ACME", "UY"]
},
{
category: "Tools",
subs:["Hammer"],
brands: ["ACME", "UY"]
}]

Is it possible to build in inside couch? Or Move it to middleware?

Re: OT: Hosted project management services

Posted by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com>.
Github? Bitbucket.org? Lighthouse? Pivotal?

--Jens