Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Chris Gambrell <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 18:59:54 UTC

Restricted Characters

I have been getting WstxParsingException for a &ldquo; so I was glad to see
the ParserOptions setFilterRestrictedCharacters.  However, I set this and am
still getting the same exceptions.
If I also setFilterRestrictedCharacterReplacement(' ') I no longer get the
WstxParsingExcption but instead get the following:

java.lang.Character.isValidCodePoint(I)Z

at org.apache.abdera.util.XmlRestrictedCharReader.<init>(
XmlRestrictedCharReader.java:126)

at org.apache.abdera.util.XmlRestrictedCharReader.<init>(
XmlRestrictedCharReader.java:90)

at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.util.FOMXmlRestrictedCharReader.<init>(
FOMXmlRestrictedCharReader.java:71)

at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.util.FOMXmlRestrictedCharReader.<init>(
FOMXmlRestrictedCharReader.java:65)

at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMParser.parse(FOMParser.java:109)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Restricted Characters

Posted by Chris Gambrell <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response James.  I am having trouble getting the people who
own the source to make fixes so any support in the API would be nice.
Thanks,
Chris

Re: Restricted Characters

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
The problem is the fact that &ldquo; is not a known entity in XML.  To
use that character, you need to include a proper entity decl or, better
yet, use the numeric character reference instead.

We probably need to provide some way of handling unknown entities in the
api.

- James