Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> on 2000/11/07 18:40:39 UTC

RE: modperl workaround for bug in netscape-4.7x with Expires: hea ders?

any time prior to calling $r->send_http_header() should work fine.  If you
already have a PerlTransHandler that you are using you could put it there.
Maybe others have an opinion as to the 'proper' place, but I have always
included in wherever it made sense at the time, usually in PerlHandler.

> This is to override the DefaultExpires directive on certain pages with
> forms.

you may also want to search the archives concerning NS and MSIE caching
behavior - IIRC lots of people have put a good amount of time into
investigating this issue and there was a decent thread maybe 4 or 5 months
ago discussing REDIRECT to prevent caching, expire headers, etc...

HTH

--Geoff

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi all,

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> you may also want to search the archives concerning NS and MSIE caching

Browsers drive me nuts.  I've seen this work well for Apache::ASP.

$Response->{Expires} = -86400 * 100;

73,
Ged.