Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2022/04/04 17:15:59 UTC

Re: Trino Runner

It sounds like what you're interested in might be more akin to
(projection/predicate) pushdown to a Presto/Trino IO. That is, given a Beam
SQL statement, you want to execute as much of it as possible natively in
the Presto/Trino source. In theory this could look like a runner if the
entire pipeline is relational and can be pushed down to the source.