Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Treague, Keith" <Ke...@merrillcorp.com> on 2010/02/18 17:34:28 UTC

Jackrabbit and data stores

Hi all!

I'm looking over the docs for the datastore. In the FAQ it says "Can I change the file content in the data store? A: No. The whole point of the data store is that the content is immutable". What I'm wondering, is if I use a datastore, upload a file into jackrabbit, then try to create a new version with a different file, can the new version replace the file content?

I'm also wondering if you have a node with multiple versions do they all point to the same file in the datastore or does it replicate the file for each version?

Keith Treague

Re: Jackrabbit and data stores

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> if I use a datastore, upload a file into jackrabbit, then try to create a new version with a different file, can the new version replace the file content?

If the content is different, the new version would be stored in a new
file (a new file with a different name).

> multiple versions do they all point to the same file

If the content is the same, then the same file is re-used.

Regards,
Thomas