Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id> on 2016/07/04 02:57:28 UTC

Avoid VR downtime when upgrading ACS

Dear all,

I have done some extensive tests on upgrading ACS from 4.2 to 4.8, and one
of the steps involves upgrading the virtual routers (VRs) which will cause
downtime to network served by the VRs. Is there a way I can avoid such
downtime?

Will having redundant VRs for every network help to avoid the downtime?

Looking forward to your reply, thank youi.

Cheers.

-ip-

RE: Avoid VR downtime when upgrading ACS

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Is I recall correctly, there is an old PR sitting out there to address this.

Simon Weller/ENA
(615) 312-6068

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Avoid VR downtime when upgrading ACS

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
Using redundant VRs can solve your issue but right now that functionality
is broken [1] This will be fixed in 4.10.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9541

Posted by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id>.
Hi,

Posted by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id>.