Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/07/22 18:45:34 UTC

Preparing the commons releases

Hi,

in order to prepare the commons releases, I would like to change the
parent pom version back to 1.0.0 (currently it's 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT).
Commons does not need the latest and greatest and depending on a
released pom makes releasing easier.
In addition I would like to change the version from 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT to
1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

With these changes I will prepare the release artifacts in the next days
if noone objects.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Preparing the commons releases

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 23 July 2007 00:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> in order to prepare the commons releases, I would like to change the
>> parent pom version back to 1.0.0 (currently it's 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT).
>> Commons does not need the latest and greatest and depending on a
>> released pom makes releasing easier.
>
> Am I missing something?? Each pom can have its parent of any released version
> it chooses.

Exactly and "released" is the keyword here, currently it depends on
1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

Carsten

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 23 July 2007 00:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> in order to prepare the commons releases, I would like to change the
> parent pom version back to 1.0.0 (currently it's 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT).
> Commons does not need the latest and greatest and depending on a
> released pom makes releasing easier.

Am I missing something?? Each pom can have its parent of any released version
it chooses.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Preparing the commons releases

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Karl and I were talking about this during the release. We kept things
like this simply because we were following the previous pattern of the
trunk depending on the latest versions. However, we both felt this
wasn't a good idea and that this needed to be changed, we just didn't
want to take the time to think about it then.

In general, sub-projects should probably list their actual dependencies,
I think, and not just point to the latest and greatest unless it is
necessary.

So, in short, feel free to change it.

-> richard