Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/01/17 04:15:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] merge docs and example repos into trunk repo

Hi ShardingSphere community,

I'd like to discuss about merge docs[1] and examples[2] repos into the
trunk repo[3].

The benefit is encourage potential contributors begin from docs and
examples. Docs and examples are same important with source codes, it is a
good way to decrease the bar to participant the community.

After merging, the structure of project may be:

```
-- src
-- docs
-- examples
```

Any suggestions?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere-doc
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere-example
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: [DISCUSS] merge docs and example repos into trunk repo

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

--

Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

zhaojun <zh...@126.com> 于2020年1月17日周五 下午1:09写道:

Posted by zhaojun <zh...@126.com>.
+1

------------------

Posted by Zonglei Dong <do...@apache.org>.
+1 I support it.

But I suggest that merge docs and example repos doesn’t affect the source code,

Because now the source code compile and run all test code need 10+ minutes, it is not convenient to check code before submit PR.

Best wishes!
Zonglei Dong
Apache ShardingSphere

On 01/17/2020 13:27,sushixiang<sh...@qq.com> wrote:
Good idea! +1

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:&nbsp;"zhangliang@apache.org"<zhangliang@apache.org&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Fri, Jan 17, 2020 12:15 PM
To:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&gt;;

Subject:&nbsp;[DISCUSS] merge docs and example repos into trunk repo

Hi ShardingSphere community,

I'd like to discuss about merge docs[1] and examples[2] repos into the
trunk repo[3].

The benefit is encourage potential contributors begin from docs and
examples. Docs and examples are same important with source codes, it is a
good way to decrease the bar to participant the community.

After merging, the structure of project may be:

```
-- src
-- docs
-- examples
```

Any suggestions?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere-doc
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere-example
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere &amp; Dubbo

Re:[DISCUSS] merge docs and example repos into trunk repo

Posted by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com>.
Good idea! +1

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------

Posted by 赵科 <as...@163.com>.

+1.
Good idea to help newcomers better integrate.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Docs, examples and source code are 3 different projects. Developer to
import them still need 3 diff workspaces.

------------------

sunbufu <su...@apache.org> 于2020年1月17日周五 下午2:33写道:

Posted by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Trista,

> If so, i guess our users would not ask any question concerning examples
repo any more.

We may create a README.md to describe the project structure, and put
independent README.md into docs, example and source code projects.

------------------

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2020年1月17日周五 下午3:35写道:

Posted by 蒋晓峰 <th...@gmail.com>.
Good Job!

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

ISSUE [1] concerning doc merging has fixed already. Once redundant branch of sharding-sphere-doc is deleted, there will be a successful end.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/4243

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

On 02/12/2020 13:24,Juan Pan<pa...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi

We find there are some improvements to do for `incubator-shardingsphere/docs`, which i am working on, so once it makes some headway, i will update here.
Please refer to issue[1] to learn more.

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by guangyuan wang <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhiyi Yan <ca...@gmail.com>.