Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Tmy Hub <tm...@gmail.com> on 2023/12/13 16:26:09 UTC

Regarding CMap invalid query

I have a pdf that has Veranda Bold Font. And Indentify H type. We cannot
able to read that font text correctly.

It shows invalid CMap. I will attach the PDF file.

What I have to do in that. Let us know and it will greatly helpful for us.

Thanks & Regards,
Thiru

Re: Regarding CMap invalid query

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
On 13.12.2023 17:26, Tmy Hub wrote:
> I have a pdf that has Veranda Bold Font. And Indentify H type. We
> cannot able to read that font text correctly.
>
> It shows invalid CMap. I will attach the PDF file.
>
> What I have to do in that. Let us know and it will greatly helpful for us.

Yes the /ToUnicode is empty. And the encoding is NOT identity:

It's not even VerdanaBold. Here's an attempt to fix a similar problem:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39485920/how-to-add-unicode-in-truetype0font-on-pdfbox-2-0-0

Tilman