Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by root <ag...@infodesign-osd.de> on 2002/07/22 16:20:33 UTC

Questions on new SOAP services

Hello everybody,
I am still quite new in this SOAP Apache environment so that I have
several beginner questions :
- Where actually does the SOAP package store its service list as we can
see through the admin page ? It seems it must be stored somewhere as a
persistent data (as a file)
- From the source code I found that the list is stored as "myconfig.xml"
but I could not find it. Is it hidden ?
- When I wish to set up several new SOAP services, muss I keep the whole
org.apache.soap...classes in my new server side SOAP package ? Can I
make a separate services in another package ?
- It seems that the package name must be always "soap.war" because I
tried with another name, it failed. Is it correct ? I didn't even
configure the server.xml in Tomcat but all SOAP.war examples are
running.

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 plus JBoss 3.0.0 framework in a single huge
module. I am using a WAR to deploy a web application and the
Tomcat+JBoss automatically takes care of SOAP.war to be deployed. From
the docs, it is mentioned that I could simply copy the WAR file into the
Tomcat deployment directory and all SOAP examples can be accessed (after
deploying the corresponding DeploymentDescriptor.xml).

Thank you for any hints and helps.

Regards,
Agustinus Tedja
InfoDesign-OSD

Re: Questions on new SOAP services

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The deployed services can be found in deployedservices.ds.  This is in the
root of the web app, e.g. for me it is
j:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\soap\deployedservices.ds.

For deployment, you just drop soap.war in Tomcat's webapps directory, which
for me is j:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1.  Tomcat will unjar this into
webapps\soap.  This creates a web app which is accessed under the /soap URI
path.  If you call soap.war another name, you adjust accordingly.  For
example, if I copy soap.war to j:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\soapcvs.war,
the file is unjarred to j:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\soapcvs and I access
it via /soapcvs, e.g. http://localhost:8080/soapcvs/servlet/rpcrouter.

You can deploy an arbitrary number of SOAP services to a single installation
of Apache SOAP.  You use a deployment descriptor to "register" each service.
You copy the necessary jar or class files to webapps\soap\WEB-INF\lib or
webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes.

Scott Nichol