Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 14:24:41 UTC

form enctype

I need a way to set the enctype of a form, actually i've tried:

<form jwcid="form@Form" success="listener:doSubmit"
enctype="multipart/form-data">

but the enctype attribute is removed and looking at the documentation i can
see that this attribute is reserved so no surprise... but what is the right
way so?

thank you
ciao

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Just letting you know I wondered the same thing... and that's even being
the one that did it.

Re: 3.x docs?

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

RE: 3.x docs?

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Silly question, where in the distribution?

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

RE: 3.x docs?

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Boys and girls, am I to interpret the "loss" of the 3.03 documentation as SOP?  I am a bit concerned that the documentation available to me no longer matches my version.

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.x docs?

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

3.x docs?

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
They were here...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/3.0.3/doc/ComponentReference/index.html

Re: form enctype

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
you should add to the form:

that + <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"/>. worked for us (with Jetty)

Geoff

The Spindle guy. http://spindle.sf.net
Blog:                  http://jroller.com/page/glongman
Other interests:  http://www.squidoo.com/spaceelevator/

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: form enctype

Posted by Andreas Idl <an...@ev-i.at>.

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.
In data Wed, 10 May 2006 15:11:34 +0200, Martin Strand ha scritto:

> URIEncoding="UTF-8"

someone told me this in the first thread i opened. the connector is this:

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

but setting the attribute does not solve my problem.

Re: form enctype

Posted by Martin Strand <ma...@entcap.se>.
Hi.
There's no need to change the enctype to make this work. Just set   URIEncoding="UTF-8"    on your <Connector> element in server.xml.

Martin

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: form enctype

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That is indeed odd.

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.
In data Wed, 10 May 2006 14:49:44 +0200, Norbert Sándor ha scritto:

> The Upload component does this:
>
>         IForm form = getForm();
>
>         form.setEncodingType("multipart/form-data");
>
> Try the same in your component!

well, actually i'm using the base Form component right now. i prefer to
avoid to use a custom component for a simple form but if it is necessary i
will give it a try.

thanks
ciao

Re: form enctype

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
The Upload component does this:

        IForm form = getForm();

        form.setEncodingType("multipart/form-data");

Try the same in your component!

Regards,
Norbi

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Section 508 Compliance

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
All,
Has anyone had any experience with using Tapestry in a Section 508 complicant application?

thanks,

Mark

Re: form enctype

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: form enctype

Posted by marcopar <ma...@gmail.com>.
In data Wed, 10 May 2006 14:24:41 +0200, marcopar ha scritto:

> I need a way to set the enctype of a form, actually i've tried:

oohh! finally i found the beast that caused my headache...
I did a small web application because i wanted to provide you with a
consistent test case.
As you can imagine the test case worked.
So i merged the test case in the "big" app and the test case stopped
working.
Same server so same Tomcat configuration.
Well.. briefly:
the beast is a Filter that processes all the requests coming to the "big"
app. Deactivating the filter all works perfectly.

The problem now is to understand why the filter scrambles all the things up
as it is a Filter used for autenthication and it doesn't mangles with the
data coming and going. Again there must be a small parameter to set up.

Thank you for all help you tried to gave me
ciao