Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca> on 2008/12/10 20:57:28 UTC

Radu help: getPosList() is already defined, suggested solution doesn't work

Hi there (Radu and all :) ),

I've encountered the same problem as many have but there doesn't seem to
be any solutions to this. When I try to compile my schema I get the
following error

.../LineStringType.java:208: getPosList() is already defined in
net.opengis.gml.LinearRingType ......

I understand what the problem is and there is a suggested solution at
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@xmlbeans.apache.org/msg03482.html

But that solution doesn't seem to work at all. I tried that with
absolutely no effect. So what do I do here? I am stuck and I am half way
in my project and the schema was just changed and it's a necessary
change so I can't ask them to change it back and now I am completely
stuck with this

I had encountered similar problem with SensorML and resolved it this
way: http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5332907

But I can't figure this one out. I would really appreciate any help with
this, I am sitting here waiting cause I have run out of ideas :(

thanks

Shahzad Qureshi
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Applications Directorate, CIOB
Environment Canada
shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca

RE: Radu help: getPosList() is already defined, suggested solution doesn't work

Posted by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca>.
sorry i should've mentioned in my previous email that i am trying to
compile a schema that uses GML 3.1.1 and i am using java 1.5 to compile
with xmlbean version 2.4

________________________________

Posted by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca>.
nevermind, the suggested solution at
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@xmlbeans.apache.org/msg03482.html
<http://www.mail-archive.com/user@xmlbeans.apache.org/msg03482.html>
works fine, i just had to remove the version number from the xmlns:gml

so basically, for anyone else looking at this put the folliwing in ur
xsdconfig file

 <xb:config
xmlns:xb="http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/2004/02/xbean/config"
                  xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml
<http://www.opengis.net/gml/> ">
            <xb:qname name="gml:pos" javaname="Position"/>
        </xb:config>

I don't know why Chris has colon after the first two lines in the his
code but it could be a typo, i had to remove the colons

thanks Chris, if ur reading this :)