Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@hotwired.com> on 1995/12/02 03:37:35 UTC

Re: enhancement (fwd)

In message <m0...@mamba.ast.cam.ac.uk>, David Robinson writes:
>Dean wrote:
>><if expr>
>><elsif expr>
>><else>
>><endif>
>
>Unfortunately, by using elements like this, you are invading HTML's element
>name space. If only HTML had defined elements beginning x- to be for the
>user's use...

I'm aware of that... But given that we're likely to be writing more of
our own conditionals than any other ones it's easier for our writiers
to use the tags I implemented.  If it becomes an issue I can use the ()
syntax to pass tags through the server parser.

Actually isn't it equivalent if you assume that the default for tags
without () is (spml), and then define the rest of the SPML syntax
to just pass things it doesn't parse through? :)

Dean