Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/04/08 02:06:18 UTC

Re: Strange anomaly(?) with string matching in query

: Does anybody have any further suggestions on what I might try in this
: situation?  Any tools perhaps that might help me put my finger on Solr's
: pulse so I can figure out just what's going on in there at index and query
: time?

1) FYI: you don't always need the settings on every filter to be the same
... WordDelimiterFilterFactory is a particular example where it frequently
makes sense for hte settings to be different

2) to answer a question earlier in this thread: when using the analysis
tool, it only shows you how the text would be analyzed -- it doesn't do a
full query parse.  so if you are doing phrase queries like myfield:"aa
bbb ccc ddd" then you would paste this into the query section...
	aa bbb ccc ddd

3) i think all of the WDF discussion is a red herring ... looking back at
the pastebin from your first email showing the document you expected to
match the literal values stored in the dc_subjects field for that doc ends
in a period (ie: ".") ... but in your discussion of debugQuery and
analysis.jsp you never used a "." character at index or query time.

My guess is it's in the indexed value, but not in the query value -- i
could be wrong, i didn't load your schema to test whether WDF does something
helpful with that trailing period -- but the first place to start doing
debuging is to use the *exact* value (with period) in the index section of
analysis.jsp.

-Hoss