Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Patrick S Ward <pw...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/01/06 06:26:32 UTC

how does Apache 2.0 work?

1. How does Apache 2.0 work?

Would you able to point me to documentation that documents *HOW* the
Apache 2.0 web server works.  We're implementing a plugin that would
need to be called at multiple phases of the request process, and we need
to understand *HOW* the Apache 2.0 web server works to implement the
plugin correctly.  Thank you very much for your help.

Re: how does Apache 2.0 work?

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:26:32PM -0800, Patrick S Ward wrote:
> 1. How does Apache 2.0 work?
>
> Would you able to point me to documentation that documents *HOW* the
> Apache 2.0 web server works.

Ultimately, the best reference is the source itself, which is available
at:

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/

Lookint at existing modules is always a good way to start. There is some
documentation for developers at;

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/developer/

and some books which may be useful are available from:

	http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/BOOKS/Books+about+Httpd

The users mailing list can handle specific questions too.