Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> on 2008/01/26 03:11:44 UTC

Surfaces vs. views?

Cassie,

Just saw your svn checkin to /features/views..

Is this code a replacement for Surfaces?  I guess it makes sense since
that capability is not opensocial dependent.

#More info on these changes would be appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Paul Lindner
hi5 Architect

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
Awesome, I'll get to implementing right away... I think it should be pretty
easy... (although i'm sure i'm overlooking something!)

- Cassie

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com>.

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.
Good idea Cassie.

You could make the feature for the old opensocial api depend on the latest
version and include that along with a small wrapper file you're talking
about. This would allow you to keep the latest OpenSocial code as clean as
possible, relegating legacy support to a separate file.

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com>.

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@apache.org>.
On Jan 29, 2008 11:41 AM, Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> wrote:

> So are surfaces gone gone gone?  I see they've been totally stripped
> out of the 0.7 spec, and now have been removed from the Shindig
> OpenSocial-Reference module.
>
> Can we bring them back and at least deprecate them for 0.7 and remove
> in 0.8?

They're not gone, they've just moved to gadgets core. gadgets.views is what
you're looking for (
http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/reference/gadgets.views.html). John
(fargo) is working on getting the shindig implementation working correctly.

~Kevin

Re: Surfaces vs. views?

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com>.

Re: Surfaces vs. views?